I love Kevin's blog and I've got so many of his recipes stored under Favorites. There are simply too many recipes for me to try but my time is limited. How I wish I have 48 hours in a day... After procrastinating for 1 over week (which is relatively short as some recipes I have took me months or even years to attempt :P), I finally made these for our Sunday breakfast.
His recipe originally calls for cottage cheese but I substituted with cheddar cheese instead. I had to use more milk as I was left with only 2 eggs in my fridge.
I used 1/2 cup milk initially but the batter wasn't runny so I had to add more milk to get this consistency.
It's time to flip over when you see bubbles like this.
This recipe yields a very light and fluffy pancake. My fussy eater, dd3, actually ate 1/4 piece for breakfast! Now, that's a great achievement!
I didn't manage to get 8 pancakes but only 6 in the size of 6" - 7" pancakes. Please refer to Kevin's blog for original recipe as I've modified the recipe here to suit my needs.
(makes 8 good sized pancakes)
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup cheddar cheese
3/4 cup milk
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
2 tablespoons butter (melted, or oil)
1/2 cup blueberries (I used frozen)
- Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and sugar in a large bowl.
- Mix the cheese, milk, eggs and butter in another large bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Mix in the blueberries.
- Heat a pan and melt a touch of butter in it.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the mixture into the pan and cook until the surface starts to bubble and the bottom is golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the pancake and cook the other side until the bottom is golden brown, about 1-2 minutes.
This looks really good! I'll give it a try tomorrow! Tks!
Let me know how it turned out for you.
Post a Comment