Remember my tenants? They moved out 2 days before my new air conditioners arrived! And I managed to take a few pictures of their "belongings".
This picture was taken outside my flat.
And these from my bedroom.
DH spent a lot of time cleaning up the house after the installation team left but we are glad the birds have left prior to that :-)
I saw this dish in Wendy's blog and was reminded I've not cooked this for the longest time. For soup, I like to add some silken tofu as my kids love them. If I cook the "dry" version, it will be just tomatoes and eggs.
Tomato and Egg Soup
2-3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
3 tomatoes, cut into chunks
2 large eggs
1/2 box silken tofu, cut into cubes
1 litre water
2 stalks spring onions, chopped
some vegetable oil
salt and pepper to taste
- Break eggs in a small bowl and beat lightly. Set aside for further use.
- Heat wok/pot and add in oil.
- Toss in garlic and stir-fry till fragrant and a light golden brown on the garlic.
- Add tomatoes and stir fry until slightly soft. Pour in eggs and scramble till the eggs are cook.
- Pour in water and bring to a boil. Add tofu and season with salt and pepper.
- Add in spring onion, mix well, dish out and serve hot.
Thanks for linking me here :)
Silken tofu is a great idea. I'll do that next time, if that is in my fridge at the moment.
This is the soup that I had quite often whenever I'm too busy or cook in the rush. Although it's a simple one but delicious!
I've never made this soup before but I remember my grandma cooked pork meat ball with tomatoes and chilli in soup.
sounds easy and yummy. maybe I'll try it with some home made stock :)
Wendy, you're welcome.
Grace, this is a great dish for busy
moms. Simple yet delicious.
Anncoo, that's how my mom cooks too, minus the chilli.
noobcook, if I'm not pressed for time, I use my frozen stock too. But usually this dish is a "last min" dish so I just cook it with water.
Post a Comment