Monday, February 1, 2010

Garlic Oil


I've been adding shallot oil to my blanched vegetables, never occur to me to try out garlic oil until I saw it here.  The vegetables tasted very different from using shallot oil but I must say it tasted just as good.
  
Instead of cooking the garlic oil in a pot/wok, my lazy mode was turned on again.  I used the microwave oven and cook it on High for 2.5 - 3 mins so there's no need to wash another pot/wok :P

Note
Extracted from Drugs.com

Do not take garlic without first talking to your doctor if you have a bleeding or blood clotting disorder or diabetes, or if you are taking any medicines to prevent or treat a blood clotting disorder or diabetes.  Garlic has been reported to affect blood clotting and blood sugar levels.

4 comments:

WendyinKK said...

THis is surprising to me that u never used this.

It's rather common. And lots of Chinese restaurants uses garlic oil to "oil" the blanched vegies. Garlic gives a more savoury end while shallot will give a sweet touch to the oil.
Garlic oil taste superb with steamied fish too.
Check out
http://wendyinkk.blogspot.com/2009/04/steamed-cod.html
http://wendyinkk.blogspot.com/2007/12/claypot-chicken-rice-wo-claypot.html

MsMoon said...

My mum mixes shallots and onions at a ratio of 1:1. As the shallots contain more water, you have to fry them first, then add garlic almost halfway through. I grew up with this, try it! ~ Moon ^^

Irene said...

OMG! I even knew that! & I have been eating garlic like there's no tomor! OMG! I better talked to my SLE doc!

Blessed Homemaker said...

Wendy, make me embarrass :P I'm not one who pay much attention to small details :P

Ms Moon, my mom does it that way too, shallots and garlic but most of the time it's shallots and she will fry 1kg and store/give away.

Irene, you better check with your doctor. I love garlic too but was told to reduce my consumption due to thrombocytopenia.