Thursday, February 25, 2010

Black Pepper Salmon

I was feeling bored and decided to do this trick with my dog - balancing act! 

 
He is not supposed to move until I give him the "okay" command where he will toss the food in the air and catch it with his mouth, that's his reward for staying still ;-)

Next in the pipeline is balancing the blueberry on his forehead, this is so much easier as the circumference is wider and easier for balancing.

Feeling lazy, we had cha soba with black pepper salmon for dinner.  We usually have our soba with saba (Japanese word for mackerel) or teriyaki salmon but I don't have any saba in my stash and I didn't want to use my teriyaki sauce (I bought the western brand and I didn't quite like the marinade, still very much prefer the Japanese version) for the salmon, I decided to cook it with ground black pepper.

I marinated the fish with salt and ground black pepper, pan fry (both sides) in a nonstick skillet till cooked through.  Though slightly spicy, the kids enjoyed their meals :)

6 comments:

WendyinKK said...

ur dog is so cute :)

ann low said...

Your dog so clever, can do balancing act..so cute!
Sometime I also pan fry the salmon and make some sauce over it. Anyway you can make your own teriyaki sauce. You can check Katsudon in my site.

tigerfish said...

Woah, doggie's eyes look like marble too!

I always do black pepper salmon. Simple tasty dish to make.

Pei-Lin said...

Hahahaha ...! You guys are so funny! Can do all those tricks!

I just got myself some black peppercorn & grinder! So happy! Your black pepper salmon might as well be another inspiration for me! I can't wait to use it! As happy as a kid with lollipop in hand, LOL!

Blessed Homemaker said...

Thanks ladies! I bought a few dog tricks' books and we did successfully taught him a trick or two :)

tigerfish, you're right, this is such a simple dish yet nutritional ;-)

Pei-Lin, I was just like you, getting really excited over the grinder. Have fun!

NEL, the batter baker said...

Your dog is such a sweetie!