I've had this recipe for the longest time but didn't managed to find time to make it. This year, I told myself I just have to make it for Chinese New Year as I simply love green peas especially the one coated with wasabi! Delicious!
The intent was to do a trial bake in mid January but the green peas were out of stock. I finally found a packet 2 days before CNY, phew!
Fried Green Peas Cookies
(Recipe adapted from the book Y3K "New Year Cookies" byAlan Ooi)
130g fried green peas, grinded
150g plain flour
90g icing sugar
1/4 tsp salt
- Put green peas into a food processor and grind finely. Leave aside for use later.
- Sift flour and icing sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Add green peas and salt, mix well.
- Add oil and mix till a dough is formed.
- Roll dough in between 2 plastic sheets and cut out cookies.
- Bake at pre-heated oven of 170C for about 15 - 20 mins or till cooked.
- Cool completely before storing into cookie containers.