Mediacorp's 三菜一汤 (3 Plus 1 Season 2) and one of the chef mentioned that we shouldn't cook garlic with broccoli, instead ginger will compliment this vegetable better. So I did mine with ginger oil now :)
Broccoli and Scallops
(A) Ginger Oil
1 thumbsize ginger, finely chopped
2 - 3 tbsp oil
10 - 15 frozen scallops
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp hot water
cornstarch solution (1 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 2 tsp water, stir till dissolved)
* mixed together
(A) Ginger oil
- Put ginger and oil in a microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes, remove and give it a stir.
- Return bowl to microwave and cook for another 1.5 - 2 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Wash broccoli under running water, trim the tough outer skin and cut into smaller florets. Peel stalk and cut quarter lengthwise.
- Add vegetable oil to a pot of water and bring to boil.
- Add broccoli and blanch for 3 - 4 minutes. Remove and plunge the blanched broccoli in cold water to prevent them from overcooking.
- Add scallops to the boiling water and cook for around 2 minutes, remove.
- Arrange broccoli and scallops on a plate.
- Drizzle the sauce and ginger oil over the vegetables.