We like to eat steam fish with some sauce so I added in 2 tbsp of water. DD3 finished up the last drip of sauce :)
Steam Cod Fish with Mushroom
2 pcs Cod Fish Fillet/Steak (approx. 300g)
3-4 Dried Mushrooms, cut into slices (pre-soaked in water till soft)
Some Ginger, sliced
1.5 tsp soya sauce
1 tsp Martel
2 tbsp water
* mix together
PS: You may add more seasonings for taste but we prefer ours mildly flavoured.
- Rinse mushroom and remove stems, soak in water till soft. Cut into slices.
- Rinse cod fillet/steak and place on plate.
- Mix all seasonings in a small bowl and spoon over cod fillet/steak.
- Arrange ginger and mushroom slices on top of fish.
- Put into steamer and steam for about 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Steaming rice takes a long time but I took a short-cut and cooked it partially using the microwave on high for 3 mins before transferring to the steamer. The fish was then stacked on a higher rack above the rice and steamed together for 10 mins. This is basically plain lazy way of cooking :P