Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies
63g butter, room temperature
85g light brown sugar
150g sugar syrup
420g plain flour
20g cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2.5 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt & spices together.
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy, add molasses and cream till well mixed.
- Add in the flour and water alternately and mix till combined.
- Rest mixture for 10-15 minutes.
- Roll dough on a very lightly floured surface or waxed paper and cut into your desired design.
- Bake for between 10 - 12 minutes depending on the thickness of your cookies. Cookie is done when it springs back lightly when pressed.
- Leave to cool completely before decorating with icing.