Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Mango Panna Cotta

Mango season is here and I've got abundance of them sitting in my fridge so I used them to make Mango Panna Cotta.

I had wanted to add some mango puree on top but the kids couldn't wait so we just ate it on it's own.

The texture is soft and literally melts in your mouth.  Most importantly, my kids love this ;-)

Ingredients
(A)
2 tsp gelatin
3 tbsp of water
* mix together and set aside

(B)
480ml full cream milk
35g sugar (reduced from 50g)

(C)
1 ripe mango – cut into small cubes or puree

Method
  1. Pour the milk in a pot and add  sugar.  Cook over medium low heat until bubbles form around the edges of the pot.
  2. Remove from heat and add in gelatin.  Stir till gelatin dissolves.
  3. Pour the mixture into six ramekins or cups. Add some cut mango and refrigerate until set or you can serve it with some mango puree.

6 comments:

Kitchen Corner said...

Refreshing panna cotta! Just nice for this hot weather!

WendyinKK said...

Wow, looks really good.
I thought panna cotta has to be made with cream, but milk also can woh!!! Thanks, I've always hesitated due to amount of cream used.

Pete said...

Hah, next round mango season, I would know what to do with all the mangoes in my fridge...thks!

busygran said...

A nice dessert to round off after a hearty meal. Will give it a try.

A Full-Timed Housefly said...

hello long time no see ! these look yummy , i'm sure most kids will like it because my kids do

Blessed Homemaker said...

Grace, this is truly refreshing, and light ;-)

Wendy, most recipes I found use cream but this is the only one with milk. I thought they tasted like milk pudding.

Pete, will be checking out your blog for updates ;-)

busygran, thanks for visiting and leaving a comment, else I wouldn't have found out about your great blog!

Pearlyn, where have you been?? It's so nice to hear from you again :)