logcake. It was originally a chocolate swiss roll recipe but I just omit cocoa powder and substituted with flour to get a basic swiss roll. Also I didn't follow to bake at a lower temperature for a longer time. The end result was satisfactory despite not following instructions ^-^
4 Egg Yolks
40g Corn Oil
100g Cake Flour
4 Egg White
40g Castor Sugar
1 tsp Lemon Juice (optional)
- In a bowl, using hand whisk, whisk yolks, oil, water and sifted cake flour until well blended. Set aside.
- In another bowl, using an electric mixer, beat till the whites are frothy. Add in lemon juice and beat till soft peaks.
- Add in sugar gradually and beat till stiff peaks.
- Fold in 1/3 of the whites into the yolk mixture using a rubber spatula till incorporated.
- Pour the mixture to the remaining egg whites and fold in gently till incorporated.
- Pour batter into 11" X 14" and bake at pre-heated oven of 200C for about 10 - 12 mins.
- When the cake is cooked, leave to cool completely.
- Spread a layer of whipped cream/butter cream/jam onto the sponge cake. Roll it up and chill in fridge before serving.