This was made by S, with some hiccups and "yelling" from me but overall, she did well :)
Again, we used the trusted banana chiffon cake recipe and modified it using strawberry puree instead. We didn't add any strawberry emulco as we don't like adding additional chemicals into our bakes. The cake is mildly pink but it's good enough for us.
As S was using a 23cm chiffon cake pan, we increased the recipe to 6 egg yolks and 7 egg whites instead.
Strawberry Chiffon Cake
4 egg yolks
40g castor sugar
1/4 tsp salt
50g corn oil
150g strawberry puree
120g Cake flour
1/2 tbsp Baking powder
1/8 tsp Baking soda
5 egg whites
40g castor sugar
1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
- In a bowl, using hand whisk, whisk yolks and sugar till sugar dissolves.
- Add oil and salt, whisk and add strawberry puree. Stir well.
- Fold in sifted flour and mix well.
- In another bowl, using an electric mixer, beat till the whites are frothy. Add in Cream of Tartar and beat till soft peaks.
- Add in sugar gradually and beat till stiff peaks.
- Fold in 1/3 of the whites into the yolk mixture using a rubber spatula till incorporated.
- Pour the mixture to the remaining egg whites and fold in gently till incorporated.
- Pour the batter into a 21cm chiffon tube pan. Bang the pan on the table to get rid of bubbles.
- Bake at 170 deg.C for 15mins.
- Turn down the temperature to 160 deg.C and bake for another 30 mins.
- Reduce the temperature to 150 deg.C and bake for a further 5 to 10mins to brown the surface.
- Remove from the oven and invert the pan. Remove the cake from pan when it's completely cooled.
My MIL loved d cake!
I'm glad she likes this :)
S made another batch 2 days later and succeeded :)
Post a Comment