Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Mushroom Sauce

I need to apologise for not being able to blog hop and leave comments as much as I want. Life just seems to get busier each day and I often wonder why.  Many kind folks tell me, as the kids grow older, life will be much easier for me.  But I don't seem to experience that now.  We already have enough fights and squabbles among DD1 and DS2, and with DD3's participation, the house seems to be torn down again and again...  Peace!!

With so much "activities", I have little time to bake and decided to just concentrate on cooking decent meals for my family.  I'm a mushroom lover and when I saw this mushroom sauce recipe in Anncoo's blog, I knew I had to try it.

I've modified the recipe slightly by using fresh button mushrooms (that explains why my sauce turned out darker than Anncoo's), reduced garlic (for health reasons), seasonings and  liquid.  Also, I added some sugar to mask the raw mushroom taste.  DD3 loves mushrooms, just like me and kept asking for more :-)
Ingredients
200g fresh brown button mushrooms
1 Onion - shredded
1 tbsp Ginger - minced
1 tsp Garlic - minced
1 tbsp Potato/corn flour, mix with 2-3 tbsp water

Seasoning
1 tbsp Sesame oil
2 tbsp Oyster sauce
1 tsp Sugar
dash of pepper
100ml chicken stock/broth/water

Method
  1. Cut button mushrooms into slices.
  2. Heat pan and add sesame oil, fry ginger and onion until fragrant. Add garlic and continue to fry until aromatic.
  3. Add mushrooms and fry for about 2-3 minutes and lastly add the rest seasonings with the broth and bring to the boil over low heat. Thicken with potato/corn flour mixture.
  4. Pour some mushroom sauce over the omelette to serve.

8 comments:

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

yummy- i love mushrooms too.

Bakericious said...

I love mushroom as well, I am going to try this for my wkend dinner.

Kitchen Corner said...

This one good to go with some crusty bread. Very appetizing mushroom sauce!

Anonymous said...

Dear blessed homemaker,

Haha.. same here, my hands are full, esp during the holidays. I use to tell my friends when sch hols start , my break ends. LOL.. Got to work 25/8 and not 24/7,plan what to do with them, to keep them meaningfully occupied.. Can't really sit down to plan properly what meals to cook for them. Have been planning to make your cheese cake but no time, my cream cheese has been sitting in the fridge for 2 months, hope it doesn't turn to blue cheese haha..

I share the same sentiments as you. As my kids are growing up,I seem to be busier too. I guess it's the different stages they are going thru and we are learning how to handle them alongside.

Take care, cupcake

busygran said...

Looks good! I am sure your kids will enjoy it.

WendyinKK said...

Put that over spaghetti or yellow noodles and yum yum!!!

muimui said...

ya i total agrees with you. Most old folks said when bb grows older life would be more easier. But now my son 3yrs+ and its another phrases of life. Having to sent him to school teach them to do their homework. Then rush home to do housework. It so tiring and koko does not get along with his meimei. Alway fighting over toy. OMG!!!

Meldylocks and Her Three Bears said...

Hi, I've been following your blog for quite some time and couldn't help but amazed on how you manage 3 kids without a maid...I've two,aged 2+ and 8mths and i'm on 1 yr unpaid leave. The kids I can handle single-handedly but then I won't be able to cook and clean. I'm luck that my in-laws will do those for the family.
Have a nice day!