Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Waffles


Ever since I bought my waffle maker, I've been scouting around for a reliable recipe. I've tried the Light & Crispy Waffles and the family likes it. While at my parents, I made it for them and get good reviews too. The only issue is, I need to rest the batter for min 30 mins and to me, time is very cruial. I can only make them for snacks but not breakfast since morning is always the busiest for me.

Attempted a chocolate waffle recipe (photo in my camera left @ parents), probably because it's slightly bitter, no one likes it as much as my brother M. He ate 3 full set of waffle with butter! Will blog about that when I get my camera back.

Coming back to this, when I saw this recipe, I wanted to try it as it's relatively simple. Most importantly, no egg separation and whisking to peaks needed! I hate to lug out my mixer to do something simple.

This waffle is somewhat denser, slightly like what you get outside minus the crisp. However, I ran out of coconut milk and replaced it with full cream milk. The waffles ain't very fragrant. I only had a set of the waffle and I'm quite full. If you want something heavy, then this is the one for you. Personally, I prefer the light and crispy waffles better.

PS: As you can see, the waffles are more evenly browned now. Looks like the iron is getting more seasoned :)

Waffles, recipe adapted from here

Ingredients
4 eggs
200g sugar
250g coconut milk
¼ tsp vanilla oil
300g self-raising flour
50g melted butter

Method
  1. Mix eggs and sugar, stir till sugar dissolves
  2. Add coconut milk and vanilla oil and mix well
  3. Add self-raising flour mix well
  4. Add melted butter mix well
  5. Grease and heat the waffle iron. Pour in a suitable amountof batter. Close the iron and bake until both sides are golden brown

No comments: