Back to being appreciative... I used to complain about my MIL (mother-in-law), the way she handles/cooks our meals. When I was back at my parents, I was shocked to see the amount of frozen food in the freezer!
- Fish X 4 packets
- Prawns X 7 packets (each packet consists of at least 20 prawns)
- Pork Ribs X 5 packets
- Shoulder meat X 3 packets
- Minced meat X 5 packets (I estimate it to be around 400g each)
- Otah (from Msia) X 6 packets
- Rice dumpings X 5 packets (each pack has 6 - 8 dumplings)
- many more...
I've always taken my parents for granted, especially my mom. I only started to appreciate her after I've delivered DD1. Thinking back... what took me so long to understand her? As parents, they will do what is best for their children, which is what I'm doing now for my children. Even towards my parents-in-law (PIL), I've also taken them for granted when I first got married. After being a sahm, I've learnt to appreciate my MIL more.
Have you been appreciative towards the people around you?