Alright, I must admit this picture does not look appealing but trust me, this brownie taste heavenly! I'm not a fan of brownie but this really rocks!
My sister E first made this and her boys love it, especially so from the freezer. I'm not a chocolate fan so I never bake with any chocolate. It's a different story now that I have kids. They love chocolates. Instead of buying brownies which are always overly-sweet, I decide to bake them this since sister E gives so much rave about it.
Recipe from here
180 gm. Butter - melted
275 gm. brown sugar (I use 180g)
1 tsp. vanilla essence
120 gm. self-raising flour
70 gm. cocoa powder
250 gm. cream cheese
45 gm. butter
80 gm. icing sugar (I use 60g)
Some chocolate chips to sprinkle on top
- Mix melted butter with brown sugar until well combined.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in vanilla essence.
- Gently fold in flour and cocoa powder and stir till smooth.
- For cheese filling: beat cream cheese, butter and icing sugar until well combined. Add in egg, beating well.
- Pour half of brownie batter into loaf pan, then pour in cheese filling. Then pour the balance brownie batter on top of cheese filling. Sprinkle top with chocolate chips.
- Bake in preheated oven 170C for 40 min.s or until cooked.
Tecno TEO 3400: Bake at 160C for 40 mins.