Thanks to Aspiring Bakers by Small Small Baker, I'm digging out all my backlogs and getting them posted online :)
This Condensed Milk Pound Cake was a hit back in 2007/8. Many bakers tried and raved about it.
The only time I buy condensed milk is to make this cake (and this easy chocolate chip cookie here) for I have no other use for it. Instead of baking the regular pound cake, I added some cocoa powder and turned it into a chocolate cake.
Verdict: As good as plain, if not better.
I'm submitting this to Aspiring Bakers # 7: Chocolate Delight (May 2011) hosted by DG from Tested & Tasted.
Condensed Milk Chocolate Pound Cake
120g Butter, room temperature
40g Caster Sugar (I omit vanilla essence and used vanilla sugar instead)
1/4 Tsp Salt
1/2 Cup or 100g Condensed Milk
100g Cake Flour
20g Cocoa Powder
3/4 Tsp Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- Preheat oven to 170 deg.C
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add in salt and condensed milk, whisk till incorporated.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients and beat until no traces of flour remains.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating well and scraping the bottom and sides of the bowl after each additions.
- Pour the mixture into muffin cups and bake at 170 deg.C for 25 - 30 mins or till top is brown and skewer inserted comes out clean.