My sis gave me a bottle of ginseng powder tablet she bought from Korea but no one in my family appreciates it. I mean, how many children would actually enjoy eating ginseng??
I remember Baking Mum made some jellies with Korean ginseng tea. Hoping to clear some of it before they expire, I turned them into jellies too.
The girls took it quite well except for my son. He still prefer normal jelly.
Ginseng Konnyaku Jelly
Recipe adapted from here with slight modifications
1 packet of konnakyu jelly powder170g - 200g sugar
1100 ml of water (we prefer a softer texture)
12g ginseng tablets
- In a small bowl, mix konnayku powder and caster sugar together. Set aside.
- Dissolve 12g ginseng tablets with 200ml of hot water.
- In a medium pot, add the remaining 900ml of water and ginseng mixture together. Bring to boil over medium fire.
- Sprinkle the konnyaku mixture into water gradually and stir till sugar dissolved.
- Add the wolfberries into konnyaku mixture and mix well (you may steep the wolberries with ginseng water first)
- Pour into prepared jelly moulds. Refrigerate for a few hours before serving.
Post a Comment