Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Ginseng Konnyaku Jelly

My sis gave me a bottle of ginseng powder tablet she bought from Korea but no one in my family appreciates it.  I mean, how many children would actually enjoy eating ginseng??

I remember Baking Mum made some jellies with Korean ginseng tea.  Hoping to clear some of it before they expire, I turned them into jellies too.

The girls took it quite well except for my son.  He still prefer normal jelly.



Ginseng Konnyaku Jelly
Recipe adapted from here with slight modifications

Ingredients
1 packet of konnakyu jelly powder
170g - 200g sugar
1100 ml of water (we prefer a softer texture)
12g ginseng tablets
some wolfberries
 
Method
  1. In a small bowl, mix konnayku powder and caster sugar together.  Set aside.
  2. Dissolve 12g ginseng tablets with 200ml of hot water.
  3. In a medium pot, add the remaining 900ml of water and ginseng mixture together.  Bring to boil over medium fire.
  4. Sprinkle the konnyaku mixture into water gradually and stir till sugar dissolved.
  5. Add the wolfberries into konnyaku mixture and mix well (you may steep the wolberries with ginseng water first)
  6. Pour into prepared jelly moulds. Refrigerate for a few hours before serving.

No comments: