Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pita Pizza by Airfryer

Many people ask me if the Airfryer is a good investment.  I have met a few folks who bought the airfryer but it ended up as a white elephant. For me, I try to use it at least twice a week.  So, YES, it is a good investment for me.

I haven't baked pizza from scratch from a long time simply because I'm getting lazier each day.  Age is catching up and with a backache for almost a month, I've been very selective in my cooking.   For now, my pizza base is either using store-bought wrap or pita.  It is easy to use ready-made pastry, save me the hassle to knead and wash utensils :P

With the airfryer, it makes DIY pizza even easier!  Just a mere 5 mins and you get piping hot pizza!


Pita Pizza

  1. Preheat airfryer for 3-5 mins.
  2. Spread one side of the pita with olive oil and pizza sauce.
  3. Arrange a layer of grated mozzarella cheese followed by preferred toppings. Sprinkle the top all over with grated cheese.
  4. Fry in Airfryer @ 180C for 3-5 mins.

 

5 comments:

茵茵 said...

Hi, I have heard of such fryers and are pretty curious as to how they work. Do they work by not requiring oil to deep fry stuff?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip. I'm so tempted to get an airfryer. Like your friends, I'm also asking if it will be a good investment. How?? Viv

Blessed Homemaker said...

茵茵,
For fried fish, you definitely need some oil. For chicken, no need as the chicken has got own fats and will turn into oil when fried.

Blessed Homemaker said...

Viv,
Like I've said, it really depends on how much you utilise it. For me, definitely worth every penny.

Anonymous said...

I've tried frying snappers without using any oil and it turned out quite well :)