Friday, March 23, 2012

Bandung Konnyaku Jelly

DH's ex-colleague initiated a BBQ get-together.  The gathering falls on a Saturday, which is also a busy weekend for us, so I decided to do something really simple.  With kids in mind, jelly was the first thing that came to my mind.  I'm sure they won't say no to jellies.

Since I ran out of Ribena and have a new bottle of rose syrup, I turned them into jellies.

I made them in small jelly moulds but unfortunately I've accidentally deleted the pictures while transferring them from the SD card to my harddisk. K asked for the recipe but it is a tedious process to text her via sms.  So I made these again for DD3's birthday celebration in school, just so I can take a picture of it again and post it in my blog.

Bandung Konnyaku Jelly
Ingredients
I packet Konnyaku Jelly Powder (10g)
100 - 120 grams Caster Sugar
900 ml Water
120 ml Rose Syrup
some grass jelly, shredded
2 - 3 Tablespoon Evaporated Milk

Method
  1. In a small bowl, mix konnayku powder and caster sugar together.
  2. In a medium pot, bring water to boil. Pour the konnyaku mixture into water gradually and stir till sugar dissolved.
  3. Turn off flame and keep stirring for about 5 mins, till the bubbles dissipates and the mixture becomes clear. 
  4. When the mixture is slightly cooled, add rose syrup and stir well.
  5. Remove half portion of rose syrup mixture and pour into prepared mould.
  6. Add grass jelly into rose layer.
  7. Mix 2 - 3 tablespoon evaporated milk to remaining rose syrup mixture to make bandung.
  8. Pour bandung on top of rose layer.
  9. Leave to cool and chill in fridge before serving.

2 comments:

WendyinKK said...

I'm a big kid.
So is my mom.
That's what my hubby says about us, jelly lovers. LOL.

Floppy Ears said...

look good!