I simply cannot understand why people choose to be nasty in the cyberworld. I may or may not know you, but I think there's no need to get too personal over my blog entry. I don't see a reason why you have to belittle my child's effort when I posted her somersault pictures here. If you do know me in person and is unhappy with me, talk to me and see how we can work things out. On the other hand, if we do not know each other, I see no reason why you should be nasty to my family.
I've said my piece so now it's back to what this blog is all about. I made these peanut cookies for CNY. It is so easy even my coming 4yo child can do it.
My little helper first shaped them into balls
Gave her a straw to poke the dough. I like to watch them at work, always full of concentration.
These she made with mini choc chips
This was originally a peanut cookie but I changed it to include some ground almond in it because I don't want my youngest to indulge in too much peanuts.
600g Plain Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Baking Soda
145g Caster Sugar *
400g Coarsed/Ground Peanut **
1 tsp Salt
400ml Corn Oil ***
* Originally calls for 225g Caster Sugar. I used 145g Icing Sugar instead.
** I used 150g coarsed peanut and 250g ground almond
*** 400ml is just a guide, use 300ml first, then slowly add more oil if dough is still crumbly. I used 100g melted butter and 250g oil.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Sieve flour, baking powder and baking soda into a mixing bowl.
- Add in coarse peanut, ground almond and sugar.
- Add oil and mix well till a dough forms.
- Shape into small balls and poke with a chopstick (I used a straw here)
- Apply eggwash (optional) and bake @ 170C for 15 - 20 mins