Steamed Tofu with Enoki and Beech Mushrooms
1 block of silken tofu, largely cubed
2 small packs of enoki, ends trimmed off and separated loosely.
1 pack of brown beech mushrooms, ends trimmed and separated (I used Buna Shimeji)
2 shallots, sliced and fried til crisp in 3 Tbsp oil
2 Tbsp light soy sauce
Some spring onion and chilli slices
- Arrange silken tofu cubes in a deep dish. Top with enoki and beech mushrooms. It'll be a huge mound, but don't worry, the mushrooms shrink a lot.
- Steam on high heat for 7-10 minutes, until mushroom wilts.
- Pour away liquid from dish.
- Top with shallot and the oil it was fried in, and light soy sauce.
- Garnish with some sliced spring onions and chilli. Serve immediately.